Tamal Krishna Goswami's
From Madhudvisa das:
Madhudvisa das: Remembering some of Tamal Krishna's activities is a very emotional and painful experience for many devotees including myself. Under Tamal Krishna's management ISKCON has gone from the huge poweful organization Prabhupada left us to almost nothing today. And Tamal Krishna was one of the main architects of the policies that converted ISKCON into a pile of smoking ashes... At this point Krishna has decided to remove Tamal from the scene.
It is a relief for many devotees including myself because among other things Tamal was the leader of ISKCON's "war against the ritviks." He had a personal vendetta against me and was determined to destroy me and stop me from preaching also.
Tamals "war against the ritviks" was very unjust and because of it I am banned from every ISKCON temple in the world and I am forced to preach seperately from ISKCON. If I go to an ISKCON temple I am blasphemed and often bashed by the temple authorities and devotees. And what is my "crime?"--I have accepted Srila Prabhupada as my guru.
Tamal had dedicated his life to destroying anyone like me who has accepted Srila Prabhupada as his guru and realizes that Prabhupada is still living. He was trying to prove no one can have direct access to Srila Prabhupada now. He wanted me to believe that Prabhupada can not be my guru at all... His idea was the only way I could become Krishna conscious is if I took initiation from a GBC approved guru... His philosophy was Prabhupada can no longer accept disciples because he is dead...
This idea is completely false and completely against the teachings of Srila Prabhupada. Prabhupada said "I am living in my books." Prabhupada is not different from his books, his vani. He is living in his vani and we can all personally associate with him through his vani and he can also initiate us into the chanting of the Hare Krishna mantra through his books.
As a result of the offences to Srila Prabhupada and so many of his disciples Tamal's "war against the ritviks" has created ISKCON is burning up in an ocean of offences.
So we are glad that Tamal has been taken away by Krishna as he attacked anyone who accepted Srila Prabhupada as his guru in such a terrible way and encouraged other ISKCON leaders to do the same thing. But at the same time we are hoping that Tamal goes back home, back to Godhead. We have all good wishes for him, we have forgiven him for his attacks, but still we are very glad that Krishna has taken him away.
It is difficult to comprehend the scale of Tamal's activities and the number of Srila Prabhupada's disciples he offended. We praise him for his great service to Srila Prabhupada in the early days but we can not help but remember his offences to Srila Prabhupada and his godbrothers in more recent years.
In 1977 Tamal hid Srila Prabhupada's orders to continue the already existing ritvik initiation system after Srila Prabhupada's disappearance. Instead he introduced the "zonal acarya system" which falsely elevated 11 unqualified men to the position of acaryas who had to be accepted as being non-different from Srila Prabhupada and who had to be worshipped even by Srila Prabhupada's disciples as if they were their guru. If any disciple of Srila Prabhupada refused to worship the "acarya" in his area as his guru Tamal declared he was a demon, an offender and the "demon" was at least thrown out of ISKCON and severely blasphemed by the temple authorities, many times he was bashed and sometimes killed...
Everyone --even ISKCON and the GBC-- today agrees that Tamal's "zonal acarya system" was completely wrong and against the teachings of Srila Prabhupada and they admit the whole thing was a great mistake. But there are only two options. Srila Prabhupada appointed acaryas or Srila Prabhupada appointed ritviks. And everyone agrees Srila Prabhupada did not appoint acaryas.
Tamal's impact on ISKCON and on the lives
of many of his godbrothers was devastating. And you can not expect us to forget
Tamal Krishna Goswami's List Of Activities
* Who was it who said to Srila Prabhupada, oh arsenic, it is a poison in 1968(?)?
* Who was it who harassed Srila Prabhupada for weeks to give him sannyasa?
* Who was it who covered up for Bhavananda's homosexual problems?
* Who was it who hounded and harassed Vishnujana to death, literally?
* Who was it who hounded and harassed Gopijana to blow out his brains in St. Louis?
* Who was it who hounded and harassed Braja to beat himself on the head with a hammer?
* Who was it who hounded and harassed and wanted to send ALL the householders to Australia?
* Who was it that everyone in ISKCON hoped would be sent to China in 1976?
* Who was it who hounded and harassed Srila Prabhupada about going to China?
* Who was it who said, "You are waiting for Srila Prabhupada to die to sit in his seat"?
* Who was it who hounded and harassed and drove hundreds of devotees out of ISKCON like Revatinandana?
* Who was it who made up malicious lies to drive some of these poor devotees out?
* Who was it who gave Srila Prabhupada alopathic medicine after he said it would kill him?
* Who was it who kept the devotees away from Srila Prabhupada, so that he complained, why is nobody visiting him?
* Who was it who locked up Prabhupada in a dark room and did not let him go out, even when Prabhupada ordered to be taken out?
* Who was it who attacked other devotees who where trying to make the bullock-cart ready as instructed by Prabhupada?
* Who was it who said: "You want to kill Srila Prabhupada, because he will die if he goes out on parikrama"?
* Who was it, the "raksasa" the kaviraja talks about in Srila Prabhupada's room?
* Who was it who was whispering about poison in Srila Prabhupada's room?
* Who was it, the "Ravana" Srila Prabhupada says is in his room?
* Who was handling the medicine for a long time?
* Who was ordered to stop handling the medicine?
* Whose friend was seen pouring white powder on Srila Prabhupada's food?
* Whose friend brought "medicine" and Srila Prabhupada said, "This is poison"?
* Who was among "all" of the people that Srila Prabhupada said were talking about him being poisoned?
* Whose friend whispered, "poisoning for a long time"?
* Who was it who overturned all of Prabhupada's instructions?
* Who was it who said that a known homosexual is "Vishnupada"?
* Who was it who had 23 cooks making huge feasts while the children were starving to death?
* Who was it who told the devotees to sell oil paintings and not books?
* Who was it who kicked out a woman on the street when she complained her kids were beaten, molested and threatened with a gun in Tamal's school?
* Who was it who voted to put two pedophiles in charge as gurus of the schools in India?
* Who was it who said that he was blamed for killing Srila Prabhupada in 1980?
* Who was it who said Srila Prabhupada is a senile old man?
* Who was it who Srila Prabhupada did not answer when he asked: "Who is it that poisoned You Srila Prabhupada?" (no answer is also an answer).
* Who was it who spoke to keep a pedophile in Vyasadeva's seat and Krishna's altar?
* Who told Sudama "we are going to divide up the world" on May 30, 1977?
* Who is reputed to have had his genital muscle cut?
* Whose disciples in China rejected him?
* Who went to college after Prabhupada said sannyasis should not go there to learn?
* Who was it claiming to be the sole successor after Prabhupadas disappereance?
* Who was it in Bombay, building a Vyasasana for himself bigger than Srila Prabhupadas, and sitting in it?
* Who was it who initially tried to take over Srila Prabhupadas rooms although he instructed that no one shall live in his apartments during his absense.
* Who was it who said that Srila Prabhupada asked for (poison) medicine to end his life?
* And who do we think finally gave that poison to Srila Prabhupada?
YES, YES, YES, the Maha-Demon Tamal, thats right.
Of this I am 100% convinced. According to an audio tape that was exposed by Isa dasa (and is available as a audio file on VNN) Tamal Krishna had said in November 1977 (to Satsvarupa) that Srila Prabhupada had often asked for "medicine" that would take his life because he had wanted to die. In other words, Srila Prabhupada had allegedly asked Tamal for "medicine" that would take his life ...so that he could commit suicide. And YES Tamal gave it.
From Aruna das, Austria:
Actually Tamal Krishna was a kali chela pseudo devotee, religious propagandist with demoniac mentality who killed his guru to sit in his seat. Actually he was a Rakshasa. Kaviraja: dehhiye, bat hi hai, hi hoi rahshas ne diya ho. Translation: Look, this is the thing, that maybe some rakshasa gave him poison.
From Madhudvisa dasa
firstname.lastname@example.org Date: 03-16-2002
Subject: Re: Calling a Snake a Snake
..I completely agree with what you said and that Tamal was certainly a demon. But somehow Srila Prabhupada engaged him in a lot of devotional service as well.
..We got many comments by the ISKCON types and of course they can not understand how Tamal is a demon.
..Now Krishna has taken him out of the picture so the problem is solved. So now the whole attempt to bring Tamal to justice can end. Krishna has brought him to justice and Krishna is dealing with him in whatever way He considers Tamal deserves. So we can forget about him now and get on with the positive preaching.
..If he did poision Prabhupada he is getting what he deserves now and if anyone else was involved in the poisioning they will also get it in due course.